Thanks for wanting to contribute to KitchenOwl!
Where do I go from here?
So you want to contribute to KitchenOwl? Great!
Fork & create a branch
Next is to create a new branch with an appropriate name. The general format that should be used is
git checkout -b '<type>/<description>'
type is the same as the
type that you will use for your commit message.
description is a descriptive summary of the change the PR will make.
- All PRs should be rebased (with main) and commits squashed prior to the final merge process
- One PR per fix or feature
Setup & Install
- Install flutter
- Install dependencies:
flutter packages get
- Create empty environment file:
- Run app:
- Create a python environment
python3 -m venv venv
- Activate your python environment
source venv/bin/activate(environment can be deactivated with
- Install dependencies
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- Initialize/Upgrade the sqlite database with
flask db upgrade
- Run debug server with
- The backend should be reachable at
- Install Hugo
- Run website:
Git Commit Message Style
This project uses the conventional commits format.
Example commit messages:
chore: update gqlgen dependency to v2.6.0 docs(README): add new contributing section fix: remove debug log statements